To participate in Teen Court, the youth must be referred by a judge or agency and it must be their first offense. Then the youth/parent or guardian can fill out and return this form to the Extension Oconto County Office (301 Washington St. Oconto, WI 54153) within one week after the first court appearance. Once we receive your form, we will call for a follow up. Then we will send you notice of your scheduled date in Teen Court.

Yes, there is a $25 court fee.

The Teen Court panel decides on the sentence, fills out the sentencing form and provides the sentence to the Defendant in open court.

The type of sanctions depends on the offense. Here is a list of some possible sanctions:

  • Essay (500-2000 words)
  • Apology letter (parents, police, victim, owner of store)
  • Verbal apology (to parent, victim)
  • Community Service
  • Getting involved in after-school activity
  • Counseling
  • Tutoring
  • Job skills training
  • Litter pick up

Any other sanction may be given as endorsed by the Teen Court Coordinator.

Not automatically. The youth must successfully complete the entire Teen Court process (showing up to court, performing their sanctions in a timely manner) and then they will have the charge removed from their record.

Support Extension